Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie's Website



I really enjoyed looking over this website. It is very simple in design and easy to navigate. It contains a wide range of different tools and tips to aid teachers. Everything from in-class project ideas to outdoor exercises, this website is extremely informational!

The one part I looked into was the virtual field trips, or VFT. Since I want to teach European History, this would be a fantastic tool to use! Obviously, being able to send my class to the Reichstag in Berlin is almost 100% unlikely, an interactive, virtual tour of it would be the next best thing! I was only able to read a brief description of it, but apparently these VFTs can be found everywhere. I think that would probably be one of my favorite teaching tools. I can see it now, "This is the Reichstag, Germany's Parliament building. You guys want to go see it?"

I started browsing via Google to locate one of these VFTs. I found a great website for teachers that is full of different trips to exhibits, museums and even the planets! Here is the link.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. Now in my Delicious bookmarks. Looks like it will be very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to take a virtual tour if I were in your European History class!

    ReplyDelete