Monday, November 30, 2009

ALEX


The Alabama Learning Exchange. It is a sight that compiles information for Alabama educators, administrators and students. In the Professional Learning section, there is a link to the Alabama Standards for Instructional Leaders. There, a teacher can see what is to be expected of them. The Podcast Treasury section allows teachers to view and download podcasts on different subjects. Basically anything about a particular class or assignment can be posted and viewed here. The Web Links section provides teacher, administrator and student links to various websites of interest. For instance, in the Foreign languages section, I was given a link to a good online translator that is free. I went to the course of study section which then lead me to the lesson plans section. I thought it was interesting to see different teachers' ideas and methods of administering the material to the class.

Once in the lesson plans section, you can narrow your search by selecting the subject and grade level. I chose Modern Languages, Levels 1-4. I was immediately greeting with a large page of lesson plans for many different languages. I found 7 just for German! The lesson plans were for semester-long projects as well as fun activities that last anywhere from one day to several weeks. They all incorporated the use of technology in some form as well!

I found this site to be very interesting and useful. I can only imagine how useful it will be once I become a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment