Sunday, September 20, 2009

Michael Wesch's video

Wow. Simply wow. All I could do is nod my head in agreement to the things written on the notebooks, computers, desks and walls. The video made in a very creative way. Instead of pictures with the statistics in the foreground, the comments and figures were hand written on notebooks or typed on laptops. The video reminded me of the first time I walked into a class. I was sitting along with 92 other freshmen, completely overwhelmed by the idea of college. Classes have been much smaller and better since then, thankfully.

I would only add 2 things to this video. 1: I joined a club on campus I have NO time for. I am not sure how to shorten the second one. I had a professor one semester that, in mid lecture, was interrupted by a student. The student made a comment about what she was talking about, saying that what she was writing on the board was not correct. She referenced the correct information out of a book that THE PROFESSOR assigned us. The professor quickly erased what she wrote, realizing her mistake, and simply laughed saying she must have just mixed it up. This educator had a Ph.D. in this subject! I would never write something like this unless the professor did "mix information up" more than once. Which she did. Several times. So I guess number 2 would read. "My professor is just as confused as me."

1 comment: