Sunday, September 20, 2009

Response to Kelly Hines' post

I agree! Technology in the classroom is absolutely worthless unless the teachers using it are willing to learn and integrate it into the curriculum. I still think that some students will not "get it" even with the new technology, though. People are hardly ever geared to be able to learn and comprehend everything they are taught.

For example, I have struggled my entire life with mathematics. I had to have countless hours of tutoring and, to this day, the things I learned, or should I say memorized, I still do not quite understand! On the other hand, I can still remember my 5th grade history class like it was yesterday. That was when I knew I wanted to do something that involved this fascinating subject when I grew up. That being said, I think history class would have been, and could be, much more interesting and enjoyable with technology incorporated in the correct way! This post sparks a great deal of imagining what education could become if more people strove to change it.

2 comments:

  1. Take a look at http://delicious.com/winetimejs/mathematics Lots of good links there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post. I love that you made a personal connection. You will be able to use that personal experience when you start teaching. I, too, hated math as a student. Now, it's one of my favorite things to teach - probably because I am ultra-conscious to make it understandable for all my students.

    - Kelly Hines

    ReplyDelete