Sunday, September 20, 2009

Podcast Assignment Part 2: Eagle's Nest Radio

I listened to the 3rd Grade class podcast: Roamin' with the Romans. I thought it was extremely well done! It wasn't in video form, but I still loved it! They did it like a news show! They had anchors who introduced another student who did a segment on Roman buildings, the Gladiators and more! The students spoke very well and it had a very smooth flow! There was even music that went along with what each student was talking about! My favorite quote.... "Caesar, not just a type of salad, is also the name of a famous Roman." You cannot look this up!

I will take several things from this podcast. I would love to have music that coincides with the discussion. It adds an intriguing aspect to a successful podcast! It adds another piece of audio, not just the person speaking, to keep the listeners' attention. I should also be sure of what I am going to say, so that I do not have long awkward pauses or skip something I should have said. A podcast should also have a personal touch to it. Make it original! Make it yours!

1 comment: