Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lists...


After reviewing the three lists assigned, this is what I have come up with.

The first list I viewed was called "Seven Stupid Mistakes Teachers Make With Technology". Out of the seven things listed, the two I chose were numbers 2 and 4. Treating a school computer like it is your own. My response is somewhat tied to number 4. How can you possibly assume that what you say and search on the internet, especially at work, is not monitored? One of my coworkers at my part-time job was fired for not using our store computer properly. So yes, I agree, that is pretty stupid. The other selection I made was number 4. Thinking online communication is ever private. Once again, how can you possibly assume that what you say and search on the internet is not monitored? How can you think there isn't a way to search your history? Dr. Strange taught us about leaving a data trail on the internet. It is pretty ridiculous to think that you can cover your tracks just by deleting your search history on your browser.

The second list I viewed was called "Seven Brilliant Things Teachers Do With Technology". Out of the seven things listed, I chose numbers 6 and 7. Use the kids' own devices to teach them. This one is especially important, seeing as how I have a laptop, iPod, and cell phone just waiting to be connected with my classes! I have already used two of these with my EDM310 class, but that's it. I would like to see it happen in my other classes as well. Delight in the discovery, the newness, and the fun technology holds. This one is also very important. Technology is fun! Learning about and using the new technology is fun! Showing others how to use it and watching them have fun is, well, fun! I have always said that the reason people pursue their dream job is because they enjoy doing it. This is especially true with teachers. Obviously it is not about the money. So why not make it even more fun and incorporate some gadgets!

The third list I viewed was called "New Classroom Rules by Education Innovation". This was my favorite of the three posts. I had a difficult time selecting only two as most important. I suppose numbers 1 and 15 would be most important on this list. Come to school every day, unless you would rather just go on line. Sometimes problems arise in life that do not allow us to do the things we need to do. This semester, my mother broke both of her arms in an athletic accident and it required me to stay at home with her for a while. I missed A LOT of class time, and I am paying for it now trying to catch up. It would have been great to just view the lectures on a Podcast whilst tending to my mother. Know what you are supposed to be learning, why, and what you will do with the knowledge. This one I like. How valuable is what you are learning if you do not show/teach someone else? If what you are learning and using is so great, why not spread the wealth?

No comments:

Post a Comment