Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My PLN



As this semester comes to a close, and I am finishing my last posts, I am asked to summarize and review my PLN.

To start, none of this would have been possible without the direction and aid of Dr. Strange. So I must first give my thanks. He has aided me by providing links to other teachers' blogs and sites through our assignments for the blog posts. People like Matthew Needleman, Michael Wesch, Karl Fisch, Mr. McClung, Dr. Alice Christie (her website is great!), Wendy Drexler, Kaia and her father and so many more are showing us what technology can do to improve our professions as well as our lives. All of the above have been saved on my Delicious account. I will constantly refer to them for ideas and will continue to follow and comment on their endeavors as we implement technology into the classroom.

I have also added a few contacts to my PLN on my own. One of my professors, Dr. Rogers, is now on my Gmail account. Dr. Rinne in the Foreign Languages Department is giving me the email of a friend of her's in Berlin, so that while I am there, I can speak with him about his experiences during the Cold War in Berlin. For a teacher, a PLN is a must! Without it, you will still be able to do your job. But with it, you can accomplish so much more! Being able to share your ideas and see the ideas of others is so amazing. Why not work as a team if we have the tools available to do so! I will continue to expand my PLN as much as possible so that when I do begin teaching, I will have tons of ideas and methods just waiting to be used in my own classroom.

Because of Dr. Strange, I now have many things I did not even think of having before that have helped broaden my PLN. I have a Twitter account, I have RSS'd several sites and blogs, I have connected with friends, family and professors on Skype, I have a Delicious account to keep track of my bookmarks, and most importantly, I have two blogs! None of this would have been possible without Dr. Strange. So again, Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I could help. Mr. C got me started thinking about the power of PLNs and this is the result!

    ReplyDelete